Social media reputation management is the process of tracking, monitoring and ultimately eliminating negative social media material about your brand to improve your name or standing. If done properly, social media reputation management builds your credibility to customers, which strengthens their trust in your brand.
Pages and profiles on social media are “an extension of your brand and create additional avenues for people to interact.” When it comes to social properties, it’s important to dedicate the resources to stay active on them by engaging in conversations and publishing fresh content regularly. As a general rule: not having a profile on a certain network is better than having an inactive one.
Your business websites and blogs are properties owned by you. We help establish a few things to start or carry forward your online reputation with a few key steps:
- Decide What You Want Your Online Reputation to Be
- Assess Your Current Online Reputation
- Craft a Social Media Policy to Guide Engagement That Supports Your Reputation Goals
- Design a Social Media Content Strategy to Promote Your Desired Reputation
- Enhance Your Reputation With Owned Media
- Pursue and Manage Your Online Reputation